Key Account Manager – Eastern Region
Royal Talens North America – Northampton, MA 01060
About the Position
Royal Talens North America is seeking a talented individual to fill the role of Eastern Region Key Account Sales Manager. At the direction of the VP of Sales and Marketing, they are responsible for Royal Talens North America’s customer base, east of Chicago. They will help create and execute a comprehensive distribution channel sales plan for sustainable growth, utilizing existing account structure and new account growth with overall business initiatives. Being responsible for the annual sales plan and customer strategy for their key accounts, they will analyze and measure the business to report on it regularly and understand the analytics at a granular level. As the sales channels grow and diversify, there is potential that this position will have independent representatives reporting to them. They will need good communication and collaboration skills in order to utilize and maximize the benefits of our existing distributor representative base.
The ideal candidate will have a proven record of success as a mid to senior-level sales manager. This job requires analytical experience and the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects at one time. We are looking for a team player who is motivated, with strong people skills, self-confidence, high energy, and adaptability, to work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
What you’ll be doing
SALES PLANNING AND BUDGETING
- Develop, forecast, and manage an annual sales plan for region
- Own, update, and analyze the wholesale customer database and product distribution grid
- Create a yearly initiatives plan for Fine Art and Craft distribution channel to include expansion of existing retailers and cultivation of new retailers/channels
- Direct and develop strategy for promotions and sales within key accounts
- With the VP of Sales and Marketing and the Marketing team, collaborate, plan and execute an annual marketing plan for retailers to including seasonal catalogs, emails, direct mail, social media, and individual outreach.
What We’d Like to See in You
- 5+ years of sales management experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Sales forecasting and Excel expertise to include pivot tables, v-look up, and advanced formulas
- Travel monthly as needed, up to 60% to key markets, sales representative training sessions, and retail stores
- Experience in the Fine Art and Craft industry
- Experience in Gift, Travel, Bookstore, Museum, and Stationery Channels
- Experience in new customer acquisition
- Experience with selling and marketing consumer products
- Familiarity with the Royal Talens brands
What You’ll Get From Us
- An opportunity to grow and evolve your career while working in a fun, fast-paced, and dynamic environment
- A chance to be a part of a dynamic team that facilitates change in the industry
- Experience working with fun, creative, and motivated people; we take creative engagement very seriously
- A team-oriented incentive plan
- Great benefits: robust health/dental/vision care plan, 401k with match, HSA with match
- Job Type: Full-time
Sales Management: 5 years
Ecommerce Product Data Specialist
Royal Talens North America
Royal Talens North America is seeking a tech-savvy, self-motivated, and experienced person to fill a new and immediate Ecommerce Product Data Specialist opening.
Our new specialist will work heavily in Excel, Amazon seller central, and more data management portals/tools and be responsible for maintaining a growing database of 4,000 products with technical specifications and marketing content. We are looking for a team member who is intrinsically motivated to achieve excellence, while contributing to the technical efficiency of a growing, world-class organization. This position will also serve in a support role for customer service during certain times, requiring good interpersonal and communication skills.
This is a part-time role with afternoon hours of Monday-Thursday 12pm-5pm and Friday 12pm-4pm.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Details – own product data and keep the database(s) current and complete
- Manage on-demand database accessibility for various user types & proficiency levels
- Master self-directed time management and teamwork skills for priority juggling
- Analyze product data and ecommerce metrics
- Develop strong understanding of various ecommerce platforms that we sell directly or indirectly, and continually make suggestions to the team for improvements
- Monitor product pricing across consolidated marketplaces to ensure MAP policies are upheld
- Provide back up as needed for Customer Service on order entry and phone / email inquiries
- Daily interaction with customer service, sales, marketing, and operations
The must haves:
- Proficient in MS Excel (minimum of 3 years)
- Ability to work within multiple files and convert TXT, CSV and XLSX files
- Strong written and verbal English
Reports directly to: Customer Service Manager
Required education: Associate Degree or higher
Royal Talens North America is an affiliate of Royal Talens in Apeldoorn, the Netherlands, one of the leading art material manufacturers worldwide, crafting products for artists and enthusiasts since 1899.
Our goal at Royal Talens North America is to further the mission of Royal Talens worldwide and also to create an environment within our own walls that embraces the creative spirit of the artist and the entrepreneur. Many of us are artists and creative types ourselves, and we are passionately engaged in the art community as well as in our business. We are a small team doing big things and we care about our team, our customers and our trade partners. You can learn more about us here on our blog royaltalensnorthamerica.com or @royaltalensna on social media.
Job Type: Part-time